- 4 Fish steaks (should be 8-10 ounces and 1-inch thick each. Use Swordfish, Halibut or Salmon steaks)
- 1/4 cups Lime juice
- 2 Tablespoon Vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoon Grated Fresh ginger root
- 1/4 teaspoon Cayenne pepper
- Black pepper
- In a bowl, combine the lime juice, 1 tablespoon oil, ginger, cayenne pepper and enough freshly ground black pepper to suit your taste.
- Marinate the fish in the marinade for 45-60 minutes. Turn steaks 2-3 times.
- Have the grill prepared with white coals and brush the cooking grill with the remaining one tablespoon oil.
- Grill the fish, brushing several times with the marinade until cooked through and opaque in the center. Turn fish after about 4-5 minutes. Total grilling time will depend on your grill and the heat of the coals.
If you prefer broiling:
use a broiler pan brushed with oil and broil until center is opaque. Broiling will take about 10 minutes. Turn steaks after 5 minutes, and baste often with marinade.