- 2 Tablespoon Paprika
- 2 Tablespoon Cayenne pepper
- 2 Tablespoon White pepper
- 3/4 cup Creole seasoning
- 1/4 cup Blackening seasoning
- 4 to 12 fish fillets
- 1/8 cup Butter (or margarine)
- Mix the spices. Coat the fillets with the spice mixture.
- Melt the butter or margarine in an iron skillet over a hot cooking fire.
- Sear the fish for 1 to 2 minutes on each side, or until they smoke and appear “blackened”.
- Remove the skillet from the fire and cover. The heat in the pan will complete the cooking in about 10 minutes.
- The spices can be mixed at home and stored in an airtight container.
- Makes about 4 to 6 .