- 3 Tablespoon Sugar
- 2 qt peach slices, Canned
- 4 teaspoon Baking powder
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 6 Tablespoon Lard (or butter)
- 1/4 cup Water
- 3/4 cup milk cut half-, canned
- 3 teaspoon Corn starch-strength with water (just Topping-enough to moisten dough)
- 2 cups Flour
- Dissolve corn starch in water;
- add mixture to peaches and juice in a large, warm Dutch oven;
- stir well;
- sprinkle sugar on top;
- cover and allow to simmer lightly while topping is prepared.
- On a floured board, turn out a soft dough;
- pat down to 1/2″ thick;
- cut into strips 1/2″ wide and place crisscross atop peach mixture;
- cover and cook approximately 20 minutes until golden brown.
- Serve with Campfire Coffee. Serves approximately 18.